The Cox Business Account Executive sells bundled telephony, data, and video solutions to new small to medium (20-99 employees) business customers in assigned territory; maintains on-going relationships with existing customers, retains their business, and cross- and upsells to them as long as there is potential for uncovered account growth. Example products may include data/transport solutions (Internet, Ethernet), VoIP solutions (SIP Trunking, IP Centrex), cellular services (3G, 4G) and software-as-a-service. Refers leads to other members of outside sales team, as appropriate.
The position works independently in the field 70% of the week or more cold calling and meeting with new or potential customers. Spends majority of the week out of the office but while at the Cox offices, works in a cubicle at a desk. Most time is spent meeting with and supporting existing customers. Incumbent will use a personal vehicle for extensive local travel (with reimbursement for travel). The role is part of a goal-driven, sales organization with pressure to grow revenue quickly. Incumbent will manage their own schedule. May have to spend 1-3 hours a day putting information into order generation system. Also works on customers’ premises. Regularly works outdoors in adverse weather conditions and at night, when necessary. The role is expected to perceive that Cox is a good place to work.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Identifies new prospects in assigned territory using multiple sources of sales leads (internal and external networking, and market analysis tools/software e.g. Dun & Bradstreet data to aid in investigating new and expanding businesses). Collects information about prospects’ businesses from their websites and other sources to prepare for sales calls and assess potential applications. (Spends the most time on this activity)
• Develops and maintains sales plans for own territory and for each account.
• Manages and maintains required pipeline and forecast data, and provides updates as required by management.
• Keeps customer database up to date by recording all activities, transactions, and communications with customers.
• Prepares regular expense, sales forecasts, and sales activity reports using software designed for that purpose.
• Refers contact information for a customer or prospect to another representative if the sale is not appropriate (e.g. out of territory, customer or prospect is too large or too small).
• Determines if the prospective customer is on or off-net.
• Communicates with prospective customers in person, by phone, email or other technology to develop sales opportunities and set an appointment to understand their business and explore mutually beneficial objectives, using solution selling techniques as appropriate.
• Meets with prospective customers in person or by conference call to collect information required to assess their communication needs in detail, estimate the amount and type of potential business the account represents, and qualify the prospect.
• Uses a spreadsheet-based tool to assess the ROI for prospects who are not currently on the Cox network and forwards the result for approval.
• Collaborates with Sales Engineer and Sales Support Team to determine appropriate solutions to meet customers’ needs. Develops proposals and multi-media sales presentations.
• Makes face-to-face or web conference cost-justified sales presentations to customer decision makers. Uses solution selling techniques to leverage the position of Cox and the communications products it offers and to educate and influence customers.
• Demonstrates observable knowledge of the IMPACT training during the prospecting/selling process. Builds an effective consultative relationship with customers during the sales process to ensure customer satisfaction. Maintains relationships with customers in order to provide good service, develop future business opportunities, and gain referrals. May entertain customers.
• Negotiates pricing, products, and promotions with new customers. Verifies that service pricing reflects pricing structures set at the corporate level.
• Works with Order Entry Specialist to set up orders for installation. Works with Sales Engineer and/or Sales Support Team to address any issues regarding installation or service for the customer.
• Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of Cox and competitor telephony, data, wireless, and video services and offerings, customer premise equipment, networking, consultation, negotiation, and sales skills; attends strategic and/or development meetings with Sales management.
• Participates in internal meetings to create product packages, sales processes, communicate and coordinate sales, report on sales activities, implement new products, solve problems, and keep up-to-date with information about Cox.
• Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community in order to network and develop and maintain Cox’s presence; e.g., promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and/or other local councils.