Communications Job in Smithfield, Virginia : VA 23430
Looking for Communications Jobs? See currently available Communications job openings on communications.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
communications.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any communications job . We provide job resources for Communications positions throughout the industry. communications.jobs.net also provides Communications jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Communications by either city or state.
communications.jobs.net is a communications job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Communications jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your communications job search on communications.jobs.net today.
Associate Communications Manager
Associate Communications Manager Job DescriptionYour Opportunity
Smithfield Foods is a $15 billion global food company and the world's largest pork processor and hog producer. In the United States, the company is also the leader in numerous packaged meats categories. Popular brands include Smithfield®, Eckrich®, Nathan’s Famous®, Farmland®, Armour®, Farmer John®, Kretschmar®, John Morrell®, Cook’s®, Gwaltney®, Carando®, Margherita®, Curly’s®, Healthy Ones®, Morliny®, Krakus®, and Berlinki®. Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental and food safety and quality programs. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Smithfield Foods is seeking a dedicated professional to work closely with the Director of Corporate Communications and Communications and Corporate Affairs team, which encompasses communications, sustainability, government affairs, and investor relations efforts of the company. While the primary role of this individual will be to assist with corporate communications, interest in and willingness to take on projects in other areas of the team’s scope is a must.Core Responsibilities
- Support corporate positioning and mission as highly visible member of Corporate Affairs team
- Assist with company messaging to both internal and external audiences through the utilization of multiple platforms including, but not limited to, company websites, intranet, press releases, collateral, and social media channels
- Assist with implementation of communications projects and materials
- Assist with coordination of executive media interviews with a variety of B2B and B2C media outlets
- Respond to media inquiries, providing approved responses in support of company’s leadership positions and core pillars
- Draft, edit, and manage dissemination process of corporate communications materials
- Develop content for and manage infrastructure updates of company’s intranet site
- Assist in development of materials for and implementation of internal programs and employee engagement campaigns
- Coordinate and develop materials for internal events, including meetings and conferences
- Assist with managing corporate website, intranet, and social media channels
- Manage relationships and work of multiple communications consultants and vendors
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Business, English, or related field and 3+ years of progressive experience working on corporate communications, public relations (PR), and media relations; required.
- Prior experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures of corporate communications and PR/media relations, and of various media channels, trends, and strategies for print, online, broadcast, and social media
- Knowledge of CPG business a plus
- Digital asset management experience preferred (e.g., company website(s) and social media channels)
- Internet-savvy and proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook
- Self-starter who is energetic and motivated, and desires to go the extra mile
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- High degrees of professionalism, decision-making ability, judgment, tact, discretion, poise, instinct, and diplomacy
- Possess a wide degree of creativity and latitude with organizational, time-management, and planning skills
- Must be highly resourceful, adaptable, detailed, deadline driven, and flexible within a frequently changing environment
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- May provide leadership and guidance to employees on the Communications/Corporate Affairs team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- May assist with interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work and providing appropriate resolutions.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Smithfield Communications Job