Communications Job in Roanoke, Virginia : VA
Looking for Communications Jobs? See currently available Communications job openings on communications.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
communications.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any communications job . We provide job resources for Communications positions throughout the industry. communications.jobs.net also provides Communications jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Communications by either city or state.
communications.jobs.net is a communications job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Communications jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your communications job search on communications.jobs.net today.
Communications 2020 Summer Intern
Communications 2020 Summer Intern Job Description
Communications 2020 Summer Intern
Schedule – 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday // May 25 – July 31, 2020
Advance Auto Parts isn’t just your local auto parts store.
We are the leading competitor in the auto parts industry. We are always looking for ways to better our strategies and broaden our horizons; which is why we are excited to take on a whole new team of interns. For this 10 week paid internship we are looking for interns to specialize in the following areas: Communications, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Merchandising, Retail Operations, Strategy, and Supply Chain. The week of welcome kicks off by pairing you with a mentor who will guide your experience as you work on a project tackling some of our top business initiatives.
This isn’t a job shadow opportunity, this internship is the chance to get involved, contribute and truly experience our workplace. This will be a fun, teamwork atmosphere with the opportunity to build strong peer to peer relationships. The internship will end with the opportunity to present solutions to relevant business problems to some of our top executive staff members. No other company embodies diversity and community engagement like Advance Auto Parts does.
But don’t take our word for it, apply and find out for yourself.
The individual in this role will support communications development and planning and assist with special projects for the communications department of a Fortune 500 company.
General Job responsibilities:
Support communications efforts that impact critical areas of business including
- Employee engagement
- Marketing and sponsorships
- Human Resources, compensation and benefits
- Field and store programs and initiatives
- Professional Customers promotions and activities
- Support company newsletter generation and distribution
- Provide company intranet content generation and updates
- Assist with planning and content for quarterly corporate update meeting
- Research, write, proofread and edit communications including press releases, social media posts, emails, interoffice communications and presentations
- Monitor media coverage
- Various administrative support and other duties as assigned
2020 Rising Junior or Senior
- Preferred Majors: communications and public relations (PR) majors
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as have experience in the basic skills needed in the PR and communications fields
- Strong grammatical and proofreading skills required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Proficiency in using common social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube a plus
Roanoke Communications Job