Communications Job in Bluffton, South Carolina : SC
Looking for Communications Jobs? See currently available Communications job openings on communications.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
communications.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any communications job . We provide job resources for Communications positions throughout the industry. communications.jobs.net also provides Communications jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Communications by either city or state.
communications.jobs.net is a communications job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Communications jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your communications job search on communications.jobs.net today.
Facility Engineer - Hargray Communications
Facility Engineer - Hargray Communications Job Description
Facility Engineer – Hargray Fiber
Are you passionate about making a difference in people’s lives? Are you motivated to learn and connect people with cutting edge technology? Do you go the extra mile to provide customer delight? Then you should join the Hargray Fiber team as a Major Accounts Representative!
The Facility Engineer is responsible for planning and coordinating the activities associated with the availability of existing and new plant facilities while ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction.
The Company: For over 70 years, Hargray has been connecting customers to each other and the world, growing from a local phone company to an industry leader providing residential, business, enterprise, and carrier wholesale communications services. Our mission is to envision and deliver customer delight. In addition to our long history of dedication and commitment to our community, we offer benefits for your health, wealth, protection, well-being, time, and more. Our team of almost 600 colleagues across 8 locations is committed to excellence, delivering the most advanced technology and the best service for our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities: Including but not limited to the following.
- Sets up cutovers to activate new outside plant facilities. When cutover is complete ensures that maps and records are updated. Provides 724-A & 724-B forms to accounting as pertains to CPR records.
- Verifies availability of facilities for all special access circuits and metro Ethernet requests. If facilities are not available, determines the best method to make facilities available at the location using accepted company procedures.
- Determines platform and facility availability for high speed internet and metro-Ethernet service requests.
- Engineers repeater and/or doubler locations and pair assignments for all T1 service orders.
- Supplies cable counts to the Construction Engineers for new staking sheets and provide cutover information to make counts available if required.
- Maintains E911 addressing for all serving areas and adds new streets to HES as needed for service order entry. Investigates and repairs error reports from various E911 entities.
- Adds correct franchise codes to streets as they are activated.
- Reviews broadband requests and determines availability of facilities.
- Provides a list of the broadband requests and the associated CSR to the Engineering Manager as new DSLAM locations are placed in service. Also attaches a list of the streets and street number ranges in the DSLAM feeder area.
- Sets up cuts to vacate counts into DSLAM locations where the pair and port are dedicated. Maintains the pair to port association in HES. Provides required information to the Plant Coordinators to facilitate the correct assignment.
- Reviews feeder counts to all SAI’s on a quarterly basis to determine if more feeders are needed. Sets up cuts when required to alleviate insufficient availability.
- Acts as back up to the Engineering Records Clerk during vacation and absences.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure effective operation of department.
Minimum Qualifications: Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered.
- High school graduate.
- 3-5 years’ experience to include cut over, DSLAM assignment, HFC assignment, and FTTH assignment.
- Good interpersonal skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of computers.
- Associate Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline, preferred but not required.
- Experience with HES system and service order process, preferred but not required.
Bluffton Communications Job