communications.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any communications job . We provide job resources for Communications positions throughout the industry. communications.jobs.net also provides Communications jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Communications by either city or state.
communications.jobs.net is a communications job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Communications jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your communications job search on communications.jobs.net today.
Facility Maintenance Technician Ii- Cox Communications (Job Number: 1910518) Job Description
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with us, and lets build a better future together.
Responsible for daily facility operations and maintenance of administration, retail, warehouse Cox owned and leased buildings. May assist with building security, energy conservation, reception and mailroom operations, office equipment and furnishing procurement. Oversees new facility plan execution and build-out. Ensures compliance with all local, state, federal and OSHA facilities related regulations.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Performs basic electrical work, preventative maintenance of HVAC, basic plumbing, office furniture repairs/cleaning, office relocations, furniture tear-down/reconstruction, basic carpentry work, light bulb replacements, mounting bulletin boards, white boards, TV’s, pictures etc. and conducts routine inspection of such items.
- Operates and adjusts Building Management Systems (BMS) for seasonal and local comfort.
- Plans reconfigurations and relocates furniture and office equipment, as well as set up and take down of furniture/audio visual equipment for meetings and special events in house or at remote locations as required by event planning.
- Contacts vendors/contractors to solicit cost estimates, references, etc. Reviews invoices, audits for accuracy and processes for payment.
- Performs quarterly building inspection of all market buildings to include: Administration, Retail, Technical and Warehouse; enters data on checklist and worksheet. Solicits repair proposals as needed, notifies manager of repairs exceeding approval threshold.
- Responds to emergency calls, evaluates damages and takes necessary steps to protect customers, employees and property. When directed, may assume lead role in emergency response.
- Assumes lead role in facilities maintenance and operations.
- Reviews work request queue daily. Takes action on tickets as directed and/or needed to meet SLA.
- Observes, reports and/or remediates safety matters.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and parts including purchases of small tools and equipment
Lake Forest Communications Job
Apply to this Lake Forest Communications Job
Facility Maintenance Technician Ii- Cox Communications (Job Number: 1910518) Job Requirements
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- 2 or more years of experience in related field (facilities operations)
- Requires strong knowledge of building system terms and technology; Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Word and Excel
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent organizational, prioitization, multi-tasking, math, written, verbal and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
- Valid local State Drivers’ License with driving record that meets Cox standards
- AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline strongly desired
- Prefer certification in operating lifting equipment
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
- Experience operating commercial chillers, cooling towers, boilers, VFD drives & pumps.
- Experience operating automated Building Management Systems to include Central Plant, HVAC controls and automated lighting systems.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Primary Location: 20 Icon, Foothill Ranch,CA US
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 1910518