Communications Job in Washington, Dc : DC
Looking for Communications Jobs? See currently available Communications job openings on communications.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
communications.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any communications job . We provide job resources for Communications positions throughout the industry. communications.jobs.net also provides Communications jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Communications by either city or state.
communications.jobs.net is a communications job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Communications jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your communications job search on communications.jobs.net today.
Marketing / Communications Specialist - Federal Division
Marketing / Communications Specialist - Federal Division Job DescriptionWhat you will do
As a trusted partner to the federal government for more than 100 years and with more than 680 professionals, Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) manufactures products, provides solutions, and installs and maintains building technologies at more than 750 federal sites and military installations worldwide. The JCFS team is passionate about designing, constructing, and maintaining energy, water, and utility savings projects at various federal and military sites around the world
Working closely with the VP/GM of the Johnson Controls Federal Systems business and as a member of the senior leadership team, the Sr Marketing and Communications Specialist will play a key part in helping develop and execute product marketing and communication strategies consistent with the strategic intent of the business. This role will focus on creating and implementing an internal and external marketing communication strategy, including creative design and content development, in support of Johnson Controls Federal Systems’ overall business strategy. In partnership with the Senior Leadership Team, this role will develop and produce communications highlighting business accomplishments, develop and deploy external and internal communication strategies, provide federal market intelligence, and enable the sales team to execute on goals and objectives.
Work location: Washington D.C. Metro area. Virtual / Remote (work from home) options are available with the ability to travel in to our federal offices and client sites as needed. Travel is around 25%.
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
How you will do it
1. Develop and lead implementation of the Johnson Controls Federal Systems communications strategy, including internal and external communications, customer engagement strategies, and design of opportunity pursuit materials
2. Develop and implement a communication vision and standards that are used throughout the business unit – including refining / enhancing communications across JCFS
3. Utilize metrics to support the value proposition of the business
4. Serve as a strategic business partner to sales and program management leaders, providing communications counsel and proactive programs to help drive growth
5. Proactively manage a full range of communications project work for JCFS. Partner heavily with JCFS leaders to manage requests, and help pitch and shape stories
6. Leverage collaboration tools to share information across the Federal Systems team and assure delivery and reinforcement of business strategies, goals, and objectives
7. Collaborate with sales leaders to plan and execute JCFS presence at industry tradeshows in order to maximize impact and brand awareness across target markets.
If you’d like to learn more about who we are, what we do, and the systems and products we work with please check out our “take a journey” video on Youtube to learn more. (Around 7 minutes long)
Washington Communications Job
Marketing / Communications Specialist - Federal Division Job Requirements
What we look for
1. Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or a related field, or equivalent experience
2. Ten (10) or more years of marketing experience or business experience in a large or midsized organization. Experience working for a multi-national company preferred.
3. Experience developing business strategies and related initiatives
4. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
5. Skilled at exerting influence, as well as collaborating, navigating and managing at all levels of the company and outside agencies
6. Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills
1. Exposure to government/defense contracting environment
2. Experience with marketing for the energy management industry (HVAC, HVAC Building Automation, Metering, Electronic Security Systems, Fire Systems, etc)
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)