Communications Job in Appleton, Wisconsin : WI 54912
Looking for Communications Jobs? See currently available Communications job openings on communications.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
communications.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any communications job . We provide job resources for Communications positions throughout the industry. communications.jobs.net also provides Communications jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Communications by either city or state.
communications.jobs.net is a communications job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Communications jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your communications job search on communications.jobs.net today.
Software Verification Engineer
Software Verification Engineer Job Description
The Welding Segment at Miller Electric (an ITW Welding Company) is looking for a highly innovative candidate for a Software Verification Engineer opportunity. This position will focus specifically on developing software test strategies in support of platform development and management. Primary objectives include design, development, and software verification support of commercial and industrial welding equipment. Software Verification and Validation will focus on unit testing (automated and manual) as well as system testing.
This opportunity will require an individual with a solid foundation of embedded software training, experience and the motivation to learn and develop testing methodologies and best practices in the welding segment. The right candidate will enjoy translating business objectives, customer requirements, software requirements, and hardware implementations into software with full V&V traceability.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE:
- Primary responsibilities include design, development, and support software test methods of embedded device software.
- While collaborating with software engineers to develop testable code, this individual will work with high level concepts of modularity, interface definition and architectures to produce a consistency in the software test strategy of the Welding Segment.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and project deliverables. This includes following coding standards, meeting documentation requirements and holding design reviews for the software test code developed in NPD projects.
- Participate in topical software roundtable discussions to impact process improvements around Software Verification.
- Knowledge of control electronic implementations sufficient to develop software test equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related degree required.
- Three to five years (or more) experience in embedded software programming.
- Three to five years (or more) experience with New Product Development with knowledge of requirements management, design modeling, software architecture, configuration management, software testing, task/issue/defect tracking, the review process and good documentation.
- One to three years (or more) experience in Software Verification development.
- Ability to work with multiple tasks independently to complete jobs on time with the right emphasis on priorities.
- Must be a self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with IDE, source code control, documentation, and design modeling tools
- Proficiency in programming applications in C or C++
- Experience with embedded RTOS, state machines, schedulers and interrupt driven coding.
- Experience with control electronic hardware development. Use of power supplies, oscilloscopes, and function generators to stimulate and evaluate embedded software. Must be willing and eager to work in the lab environment independently to implement combined software and hardware designs targeted at software verification.
- Familiarity with Agile or Scrum software development process in a team environment
- Familiarity with industrial fieldbus protocols and other serial network communications is a plus (ProfiNet, DeviceNet, CAN, USB, RS485, Modbus, etc.).
- Familiarity with Ethernet and wireless communication stacks is a plus (TCP/IP, UDP, Zigbee, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc.)
- Experience with the NPD process relevant to Software Test. This includes experience in early design reviews to drive design changes targeted at embedded software test.
This position is located in Appleton, WI. Located just north of Lake Winnebago along the shores of the Fox River in Wisconsin, Appleton is a small city with tons of great amenities and almost none of the headaches you’d find in a big city. One of the safest cities in Wisconsin, with a low cost of living and a growing entertainment and food scene, Appleton is increasingly appealing to young families and young professionals. Appleton combines access to top-tier entertainment, restaurants and breweries with the quaint charm of a small town. It’s a perfect combination that makes Appleton the ideal place to settle down! Click here to see why Appleton was voted one of the best places to live: Top 100 Best Places to Live.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at www.millerwelds.com/careers
ITW Welding is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a Disability and need assistance applying for this job, please send an email to the following address: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Appleton Communications Job