Communications Job in Los Angeles, California : CA
Looking for Communications Jobs? See currently available Communications job openings on communications.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
communications.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any communications job . We provide job resources for Communications positions throughout the industry. communications.jobs.net also provides Communications jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Communications by either city or state.
communications.jobs.net is a communications job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Communications jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your communications job search on communications.jobs.net today.
Sr. Communications Systems Engineer
Sr. Communications Systems Engineer Job DescriptionENSCO, Inc. is seeking a Communications Systems Engineer to support the Department of Defense (DoD) Military Satellite Communications (MILSATCOM) programs for the United States Air Force (USAF) Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) in El Segundo, CA. This position will provide technical, project, and managerial leadership of a systems engineering team defining the next generation of space communication systems supporting Air Force Military Satellite Communications.
The MILSATCOM Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (MSEIT) effort provides supports the USAF’s acquisition of state-of-the-art Military Satellite Communications systems, for global secure, survivable, and protected communications for our nation’s warfighters. Duties will include:
- Apply Model Based System Engineering to support development of the program technical baselines
- Analyze system requirements that define the technical baseline and verification of the technical baseline
- Work with Government and contractor personnel to close gaps in flow of customer requirements down through the system and component levels
- Lead and supporting Government/Contractor Working Group meetings—by creating briefings, leading discussion, and writing minutes to resolve risks, requirement gaps, and action items
- Review proposed changes to the technical baseline for impacts to capabilities and to cross-stakeholder integration concerns
- Facilitate review of program documents by providing comments, compiling other reviewer comments, and working with contractor to adjudicate the comments
- Serve as a subject matter expert to assess technical issues and to prepare briefings to U.S. Air Force management
- Support management of risks, issues, interdependencies, identifying schedule disconnects and conflicts, developing action plans for resolution, and assisting the Government in executing selected solutions
Qualifications Required (Skills)
- BS and MS in engineering with specialization in Communications systems
- 15+ years’ demonstrated experience with space or aeronautical systems engineering & integration programs and projects
- 15+ years’ working in a collaborative team environment developing technical baseline/systems specification, verification or analysis using engineering applications and simulation models
- 10+ years’ experience with MILSATCOM, such as MILSTAR, AEHF, EPS, TSAT, WGS, FAB-T terminal programs
- Experience working with military or DoD civilian clients
- Knowledge of the MILSATCOM LDR and XDR waveform and protocols
- Proficient in using Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication (oral and written), and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance for which you must be a US Citizen, if you do not meet this requirement you will not be considered for this position.
- PhD in Engineering
- Management qualifications, such as MBA or PMP
- Systems engineering certifications, such as ESEP, CSEP, OCSMP
- Experience with ground and airborne systems, such as terminals and networks
- Experience with communication satellite/terminal performance analyses, link budgets and interfaces
The Aerospace Sciences and Engineering (ASE) Division is based in Cocoa Beach, Fla. ASE’s primary focus is aerospace engineering and meteorological systems.
ENSCO’s aerospace engineering efforts support launch range activities throughout the U.S. ASE employees reliably develop and evaluate highly technical systems for critical launch operations, including range instrumentation, safety and communications.
The ASE Division is the premier integrator of disparate weather systems and technologies to enhance safety, reduce cost, and lessen weather impacts on space launches, aviation and business operations. ASE’s world-class meteorological capabilities, systems knowledge, and experience provide customers with systems that meet their exact requirements in a cost-effective manner.
Key customers include NASA, the Department of Defense, and commercial airlines.
Strength in Diversity
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
Los Angeles Communications Job