Communications Job in Littleton, Colorado : CO
Looking for Communications Jobs? See currently available Communications job openings on communications.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
communications.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any communications job . We provide job resources for Communications positions throughout the industry. communications.jobs.net also provides Communications jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Communications by either city or state.
communications.jobs.net is a communications job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Communications jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your communications job search on communications.jobs.net today.
Telecommunications Voice Technician
Telecommunications Voice Technician Job Description
We are seeking a Telecommunications Voice Specialist to become an integral part of our team! You will assist in design and configure data communication systems as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency. Plans, designs and implements local and/or remote voice communications hardware, software and procedures. Maintains technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, selecting or developing voice and/or video systems. Oversees voice network configurations. Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. Provides regular monitoring and voice network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. May design networks or portions of networks that include selection of hardware and software packages. This position will assist in day-to-day operations and maintenance of an Enterprise Cisco Unified Call Manager system. Person may be required to work off-hours for system upgrades and maintenance. The position will assist in evaluating Telecommunications security mechanisms, hardware, and processes against policy, participating with information technology professionals in the actual engineering, design, and hands-on implementation.
· Installation and maintenance of communication systems
· Adjust voice and video configurations to minimize communication disruptions
· Provide training and support to telecommunications personnel
· Investigate customer issues and design appropriate solutions
· This position will assist in day-to-day operations and maintenance of an Enterprise Telecommunications system.
· The position will assist in evaluating Telecommunications security mechanisms, hardware, and processes against policy, participating with information technology professionals in the actual engineering, design, and hands-on implementation.
· Previous experience in electrical engineering, or other related fields
· Familiarity with telecommunications equipment
· Manage building infrastructure cable requirements based upon personnel density.
· Assist as necessary, in the creation or updating of Standard Operating Instructions (SOI)
· Application vulnerability remediation.
· Evaluate application release levels and recommend upgrade path.
· Coordinate and deploy Voice over IP endpoints.
· Telecommunications Move, Add, Change (MAC) Coordination. Basic station configuration, frame jumper connection, site surveys, and update cable records.
· Telecommunications Basic Switch Maintenance. Check alarms, remove and replace defective equipment, endpoint troubleshooting. Maintain limited advanced replacement stock. Provide Tier 1 level endpoint break/fix.
· Knowledge of 9-1-1 and E9-1-1 regulations, private switch agreements and multi-line telephone system implementation and recurring maintenance.
· Working knowledge of carrier telecommunications technologies (e.g. PRI, BRI, ISDN, SIP and VoIP, etc.).
· Demonstrated experience in Crash phone regulations, system implementation and recurring maintenance.
· Knowledge and experience of Cisco voice telecommunication systems
· Proficient with Word, PowerPoint and other MS applications.
· Familiar with Configuration Management concepts.
· Knowledge of Remedy or ITSM support.
· Experience with structured cabling standards.
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Littleton Communications Job
Telecommunications Voice Technician Job Requirements
- Maintain and install communication equipment
- Maintain all communications equipment, components and associated equipment
- Maintain and install network cable infrastructure
- Performing maintenance and repair on that equipment or any peripheral equipment associated with the system
- Understand needs and requirements for scheduling of satellite communication systems
- Perform basic troubleshooting of transmitters and electronic equipment communications issues
- Operate and maintain installation tools and equipment
- Engaged in the installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems
- Perform corrosion control on all towers and all other communications equipment
- Operate various equipment and devices needed to perform maintenance and repair of electronic systems, equipment and components
- Perform Preventative Maintenance on all communication equipment
- Complete periodic maintenance on company transmissions support equipment
- Maintaining, and installation of equipment for customer requirements
- Performing routine and non-routine repair of satellite antenna systems and associated subsystems
- Support the installation, operation, and maintenance of enterprise and tactical satellite communications (SATCOM) ground systems and associated equipment
- Assist in construction, inspection, and maintenance of communication equipment and technology
- Maintain and install phones and network equipment in field locations
- Analyze problems in radios and associated equipment for repair/replacement
- Perform skilled repair services of mechanical, electrical, and building systems and equipment
- Plan new and revised communications systems