Communications Job in Springfield, Virginia : VA
Looking for Communications Jobs? See currently available Communications job openings on communications.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
communications.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any communications job . We provide job resources for Communications positions throughout the industry. communications.jobs.net also provides Communications jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Communications by either city or state.
communications.jobs.net is a communications job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Communications jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your communications job search on communications.jobs.net today.
Corporate Communications Specialist
Corporate Communications Specialist Job Description
SAIC is seeking a dedicated and experienced Corporate Communications Specialist to join our team. The specialist will provide onsite support to the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency’s technology directorate (CIO-T).
Candidate will write and distribute created content and multimedia communications products to promote the directorate’s brand, activities, products and capabilities. Through a variety of channels, both offline and online, you will be a key member of a team that develops tailored communications plans that drive engagement, shape Micron’s CSR narrative, and build communities through compelling content.Through a variety of channels, both offline and online, the specialist will be a key member of a team that develops tailored communications plans and products that drive engagement, shape the CIO-T narrative, and builds trust through compelling content.
To excel in this position, candidates should be able to think both creatively and strategically, produce high quality communications products under tight deadlines, be self-motivated, work with limited supervision and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. A Bachelor's Degree with experience as a communications specialist, journalist, public affairs officer, professional writer, or equivalent experience in a similar role is strongly desired.
• Write, edit, and distribute Associated Press style news content, including publications, feature articles, blogs, newsletters, website content, briefings, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization's activities, products capabilities, services and success stories.
• Solicit ideas for news stories, arrange and conduct interviews with subject matter experts, and compose article drafts.
• Work with a design team to select or conceptualize art and imagery for content and products.
• Create content for internal communications needs, such as staff bios and resumes, weekly newsletters, etc. Assist with communications needs of Executive Leadership and the Board of DirectorsAssist with communications needs of the CIO-T director and other executive leadership. Create content for internal communications needs, such as letters, memos, talking points, staff bios, email correspondence, etc.
• Stay up to date on industry technology trends and their effect on agency operations and mission strategy.
• Collaborate closely with colleagues on a small, close-knit team as well as with customers and stakeholders to develop and implement effective communications products.
• Develop a high-level network of internal sources with the goal of breaking news that helps the directorate better promote its mission, successes and brand.
• Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the directorate’s brand.
• Coordinate communications needs for special technology themed events, to include conferences, symposiums and seminars and assist with all aspects of events as assigned.
• Continuously improve through feedback.
• Serve as a standing member of the directorate’s Strategic Communications Committee.
• Contribute to other directorate-specific strategic projects as necessary.
• Perform such other related tasks and duties as may be required or assigned from time to time at the customer’s discretion.
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Professional Writing, Public Relations or related field with a minimum of 5 years' experience in a corporate communications type role or 8 plus years of relevant overall experience.
• Active Top Secret/SCI level security clearance with a polygraph is required.
• Proven writing and reporting skills, especially complex topics.
• Demonstrated experience with AP Style guidelines.
• proofing and corrections to copyDemonstrated experience with proofing and making corrections to copy.
• Proven writing and reporting skills, especially complex topics.Proven attention to detail and ability to handle a demanding, fast-moving job while meeting numerous deadlines.
• Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
• Ability to craft communications campaigns and plans, while also able to execute and see plans through to completion.
• Knowledge of desktop publishing and multimedia software (InDesign/Photoshop/Audition).
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated experience utilizing critical thinking data gathering and analytic skills.
• Experience and interest in business reporting Experience and interest in business reportingHave a deep understanding of NGA and the Intelligence Community and related policy, know the key players and the trends and information that matter most to enable the creation of first-rate communications strategies and products.
• Background in journalism and/or audio storytelling.
• Experience and interest in technology reporting.
• Proficient in SharePoint administration, Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Possess a bachelor degree in Communication, Journalism, English and 5 plus years or experience or 8 plus years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrate advanced skill in oral and interpersonal communication, and writing at collegiate and professional levels, especially news and feature writing. Demonstrated written and oral communication skills with drafting documents and briefings.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing critical thinking data gathering and analytic skills
- Demonstrated experience with AP Style guidelines
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Springfield Communications Job