Communications Job in Hawkinsville, Georgia : GA 31036
Looking for Communications Jobs? See currently available Communications job openings on communications.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
communications.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any communications job . We provide job resources for Communications positions throughout the industry. communications.jobs.net also provides Communications jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Communications by either city or state.
communications.jobs.net is a communications job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Communications jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your communications job search on communications.jobs.net today.
Design Engineer, Hargray Communications
Design Engineer, Hargray Communications Job Description
Hargray’ s Mission – To Envision and deliver customer delight
At Hargray, we are looking for people to join our OSP Design Engineering team who are extremely detail-oriented and extraordinarily passionate. We thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading-edge technology to our customers.
We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on people who are comfortable working with ever-changing processes and procedures as part of a cross-functional team, have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who have the passion, skills, and dedication to take our network to the next level.
Responsible for the design and cost estimates pertaining to new-build and over-build of Hargray’s OSP facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops overall OSP system design for new developments and over-builds for copper, HFC and fiber facilities.
- Prepares conduit drawings for power companies and developers.
- Prepares and provides splicing diagrams to construction engineers for copper, HFC and fiber platforms.
- Develops HFC system design parameters.
- Determines fiber loss budgets, quantities, and routes for Metro-Ethernet, DSLAM(s), camera sites, T-1, HFC nodes, transport and customer pt-to-pt systems.
- Evaluates new OSP products and designs for possible implementation.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual engineering budget.
- Initiates OSP work orders for construction.
- Uses CAD/AM/FM design software to produce copper, HFC and fiber designs and bill of materials.
- Forecasts service demands to develop short, medium and long-range plans.
- Works with network engineers to incorporate network elements.
- Prepares and maintains detailed assignment documents on fiber projects and communicates these with facilities engineering.
- Prepares detailed drawings, cost estimates and material requirements for the planned installation of OSP facilities.
- Works with facilities to prepare methods and procedures for cutover on new or rearranged plant facilities.
- Provides current new development land base and notifies mapping technicians when all changes are complete.
- Provides as-built HFC drawings to mapping technicians.
- Work with mapping technicians to provide/create/update special maps for OSP, sales, and management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure the effective operation of the department.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience as OSP Design Engineer or 5+ years OSP experience in cable construction and maintenance.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of communications distribution networks on fiber, copper, and HFC platforms.
- Solid knowledge in OSP construction methods and practices as set by RUS, Telecordia, and BICSI.
- Knowledgeable in basic electrical theory.
- Experience in Microstation CADD software desired.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Visio, Excel, and Word.
Hawkinsville Communications Job