Communications Job in Appleton, Wisconsin : WI 54912
Looking for Communications Jobs? See currently available Communications job openings on communications.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
communications.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any communications job . We provide job resources for Communications positions throughout the industry. communications.jobs.net also provides Communications jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Communications by either city or state.
communications.jobs.net is a communications job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Communications jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your communications job search on communications.jobs.net today.
Software Quality Engineer
Software Quality Engineer Job Description
The Welding Segment at Miller Electric (an ITW Welding Company) is looking for a self-directed, process driven individual for the position of Software Quality Engineer to focus on continuous improvements and control of the software development and management processes. This position will work with several New Product Development projects, as well as existing product support activities, to ensure design consistency leading to higher product quality and enabling greater customer satisfaction. Primary responsibilities include process design, quality metric monitoring, and software library control.
This position will work within the entire welding segment to continue to bring process uniformity in embedded software development. As a Software Quality Engineer you will not only drive software quality but assist in writing software to work within the framework of a library complete with requirements, coding standards, testing and documentation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE:
- Primary responsibilities include overseeing software design, development, and test of embedded software.
- Champion the software development process and ensure a high level of quality is achieved in each software development project.
- Drive and manage software tool selection and adoption as required.
- Continue with regression test development at the unit level and assist in platform development V&V evaluation.
- Suggest and create process efficiency improvements to aid embedded software development and accelerate code re-use.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and project deliverables. This includes following coding standards, meeting documentation requirements and enabling unit level software testing.
- Participate in topical software roundtable discussions to impact process improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related degree required.
- Five years (or more) of experience in requirement-driven software development and software quality assurance.
- Five years (or more) experience with New Product Development and software platform development.
- Ability to work, influence and lead in matrix and divisional business organizations.
- Proficiency with IDE, source code control, documentation, and design modeling tools
- Proficiency in programming applications in C or C++
- Experience in numerous embedded controls (e.g. PID control loops, motor control, digital filters, state machines, low-level peripheral drivers, etc.)
- Experience with embedded RTOS, state machines, schedulers and interrupt driven coding.
- Experience with unit testing, regression testing, and automated software testing.
- Familiarity with Agile or Scrum software development process in a team environment
- Familiarity with industrial fieldbus protocols and other serial network communications is a plus (ProfiNet, DeviceNet, CAN, USB, RS485, Modbus, etc.).
- Ethernet and wireless communication stacks is a plus (TCP/IP, UDP, Zigbee, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc.)
This position is located in Appleton, WI. Located just north of Lake Winnebago along the shores of the Fox River in Wisconsin, Appleton is a small city with tons of great amenities and almost none of the headaches you’d find in a big city. One of the safest cities in Wisconsin, with a low cost of living and a growing entertainment and food scene, Appleton is increasingly appealing to young families and young professionals. Appleton combines access to top-tier entertainment, restaurants and breweries with the quaint charm of a small town. It’s a perfect combination that makes this Wisconsin city a fabulous place to settle down. Click here to see why Appleton was voted one of the best places to live: Top 100 Best Places to Live.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at www.millerwelds.com/careers
ITW Welding is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a Disability and need assistance applying for this job, please send an email to the following address: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Appleton Communications Job