Communications Job in Chicago, Illinois : IL
Looking for Communications Jobs? See currently available Communications job openings on communications.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
communications.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any communications job . We provide job resources for Communications positions throughout the industry. communications.jobs.net also provides Communications jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Communications by either city or state.
communications.jobs.net is a communications job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Communications jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your communications job search on communications.jobs.net today.
Account Executive, Healthcare Communications
Account Executive, Healthcare Communications Job Description
What We Need
Do you read STAT and NYT in one sitting? Would you like to be on the forefront of what’s next in health and health technology? And, most importantly, would you like to help our clients tell their health and tech stories in bold, unconventional ways?
Our team sits at the intersection of profound change in healthcare. Big data, personalized care, digital medicine—it’s all a tidal wave of implications and opportunity. Even better, the new world of healthcare puts patients at the center.
WE provides a breadth of communications services to clients across sectors including consumer health and wellness, health IT, medical devices, pharmaceuticals and life sciences. We develop innovative programs that reach and influence physicians, advocates, patients, regulators, policy makers, payors and the consumers at the center of it all.
The Account Executive position is a hybrid in-office role (1x per week), based ideally out of WE Communication’s NYC, Boston or DC offices. However, we are open to considering candidates on an East Coast time zone (or willing to work an East Coast time zone) from other remote locations where WE is registered to do business.
What you'll be doing
Media and Influencer Engagement
- Serve as day-to-day contact for media and influencers; build relationships, drive news
- Oversee management of reactive requests, proactively influence & garner coverage
- Contribute to brainstorms & strategic campaign development
- Provide timely and in-depth analysis of coverage results & trends
Digital & Social Media Acumen
- Assist in creating high-level digital/social media strategies that are integrated into communication plans
- Engage with agency digital & monitoring divisions regarding client projects & deliverables
- Amplify/promote news on social properties; update & maintain social editorial calendar
- Begin anticipating client communication challenges & develop recommendations
- Contribute to development & implementation of communication strategies
- Execute tasks associated with projects; may lead certain aspects of project
- Oversee client meeting agendas & recaps; own a speaking role on calls
- Begin to understand clients’ business model from a global perspective; understand key markets, global influencers and the impact on the client/business narrative
Business Acumen & Strategic Thinking
- Contribute to plans & own executing portions of a plan
- Identify opportunities for integration with media, digital and creative teams
- Develop and maintain action plans/timelines
New Business Development
- Become familiar with WE capabilities across the agency including global regional specialties in comparison to competitor agencies
- Serve in a lead research role on organic growth new business efforts including sourcing and gathering audience, industry or competitor market data
- Understand & identify potential opportunities to grow & diversify existing account
- Begin to develop and nurture network of peer contacts outside the agency
- Begin gaining management skills by mentoring junior level staff
- Be a peer resource to staff, interns & new hires
- Manage up to senior staff
What you've been able to accomplish
- 1-2 years of experience in PR, preferably in an agency setting and/or within the healthcare industry
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Strong writing, editing, presentation and research skills.
- Ability to drive client relationships, provide strategic and tactical advice, provide thoughtful analysis on news coverage, identify proactive opportunities, craft materials including press releases, pitches and social media content, and reference/source material content is highly desirable
- Proven media relations experience
- Creative, team player that is able to work in a fast-paced environment
- An interest in developing integrated communications skills incorporating digital and social media
WE is one of the largest communications and integrated marketing agencies in the world. We’re independent, we’re all about our people — both our clients and our employees — and we believe in the power of communications to move audiences to positive action.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping translate complex innovations into powerful, persuasive stories. Our sector expertise across key verticals — including technology, healthcare, consumer, and brand purpose — translates into insights and strategies that are informed, current and credible.
We work with companies that are embracing the ever-evolving digital world to reinvent themselves, to deliver new value to their customers or reach them in new ways and ultimately improve people’s lives.
The target range of base salary in all locations within the United States for this role is $56,000 - $62,000 per year. Actual salary is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to business needs, level of responsibility, skill set, level of experience, and geographical location.
Benefits: - Comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, and vision coverage - Generous time off including PTO, holidays, annual wellness break, summer Fridays and personal days - 401k plan including company match and financial wellness support - 16 weeks of paid parental leave for all employees
- 22-24 weeks paid parental leave when coupled with Short-term disability
- 2 weeks caregiver leave - Support with home office equipment - Bi-annual Wellness Credits - Monthly Technology Credit (to offset internet / phone costs) - Community Engagement Days - Learning and Development Programs for our employees
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender identity or expression, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.
Beginning September 2023, North America employees will be asked to come into the office on Tuesdays only.
Chicago Communications Job