Communications Job in Gainesville, Georgia : GA 30501
Looking for Communications Jobs? See currently available Communications job openings on communications.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
communications.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any communications job . We provide job resources for Communications positions throughout the industry. communications.jobs.net also provides Communications jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Communications by either city or state.
communications.jobs.net is a communications job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Communications jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your communications job search on communications.jobs.net today.
Nursing Communications Specialist
Nursing Communications Specialist Job Description
NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Job Summary: Primary oversight for developing and implementing communications about Northeast Georgia Health System's nursing services to drive engagement and retention. Works independently to hear communication needs ranging from simple to complex, then recommends an effective communication plan, creates needed messages and delivers to appropriate audiences. Audiences include all NGHS employees, medical staff, board members, nursing schools, professional societies, and the community at large. Responsibilities include working with operational leaders to develop communication strategies and plans, creating content, coordinating production of materials, and executing distribution via email, company intranet, websites, social media, brochures, newsletters, memos, flyers, presentations, speech writing, etc. Stays up-to-date with communication and marketing trends.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a communications-related field required
- 3+ years of professional experience in a communications position with relatable skills, preferably in healthcare.
- Knowledge of the nursing profession, physician relations, human resources, information technology, Epic electronic health record, and/or the Atlanta healthcare market is all extremely beneficial.
- Experience working in SharePoint is preferred
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute strategies for internal communications on behalf of nursing services, handling needs of multiple groups simultaneously within assigned deadlines.
- Act as a communications consultant to assist nursing departments and leaders across the organization, guiding simple to moderately complex projects to shape and influence strategy.
- Review, edit and write content for all internal mediums including newsletters, intranet, memos, presentations, speeches and flyers - easily changing writing style and tone to suit the leader, channel and audience and to ensure complex messages are communicated effectively within assigned deadlines.
- Support presentations to internal and external audiences, including speech writing and PowerPoint creation.
- Work with internal graphic designers to ensure all internal communication adheres to brand standards.
- Develop creative concepts to support key activities/initiatives including employee engagement efforts, operational change, professional development opportunities, town hall meetings, signage development and more.
- Research media coverage and industry trades to find opportunities to raise awareness of NGHS nursing success and projects to increase frontline engagement and assist recruitment efforts.
- Work to establish positive working relationships with nursing leadership by establishing and meeting deadlines, scheduling, attending or leading necessary meetings.
- Assist with emergency communication needs in the event of inclement weather, power outage or other major incidents -- including after hours and on weekends
- Work with nursing leadership to develop metrics to measure success of messaging, periodically check with frontline staff and midlevel leaders for anecdotal assessment of effectiveness, and adjust as needed to meet business objectives
- Assist presenters in script writing, story boarding, use of A/V support equipment and presentation style.
- Arrange video and audio recording to support communication plans.
- Monitor and navigate complex relationships within the health system and stakeholders, keeping PR Director and Manager abreast of issues which may require intervention.
- Participate in major nursing event coordination to effectively communicate all aspects to end users.
Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals.
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Gainesville Communications Job