Communications Job in Atlanta, Georgia : GA
Looking for Communications Jobs? See currently available Communications job openings on communications.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
communications.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any communications job . We provide job resources for Communications positions throughout the industry. communications.jobs.net also provides Communications jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Communications by either city or state.
communications.jobs.net is a communications job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Communications jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your communications job search on communications.jobs.net today.
Senior Communications Specialist
Senior Communications Specialist Job Description
Senior Communications Specialist
Job ID: 2021-2282
# of Openings: 1
The Senior Communications Specialist develops and executes communication campaigns, programs and initiatives to drive greater public engagement in and brand awareness of the overall client strategy and goals of the CDC's Division of Population Health. The successful candidate will provide writer/editor support services to the program staff of CDC’s Division of Population Health’s Applied Research and Translation Branch (ARTB). The candidate’s primary role on this project is to enhance branch, awardee, and partner communication and marketing efforts to support the implementation of the Prevention Research Centers Program (PRCP) and the Workplace Health Program (WHP). This will be accomplished through technical assistance, training, and support for ARTB awardees, and partners and the development and dissemination of health communication and integrated marketing strategies and products. Lastly, the candidate must be located in Atlanta, GA to attend frequent in-person meetings with ARTB in Atlanta, GA, including regularly scheduled project status meetings and ad hoc meetings, as needed.
- Provide insight and counsel to the client’s senior leadership team regarding the impact of potential plans, assisting in their creation for the best possible long and short-range scientific outcomes
- Develop and execute branding strategy, create SOPs
- Develop and execute detailed communications to drive awareness around client initiatives with an emphasis on strategic direction, public health topics, and community engagement
- Manage the development of public health communication materials for various activities, including but not limited to marketing collateral, Q&A, Internet content, academic publications, webinars, podcasts, social media campaigns, speaking notes / scripts, and slide decks
- Manage in-house or external designer and video editor as needed
- Develop and deploy communications-specific measures to quantify their effectiveness and identify adjustment opportunities for ongoing communication programs
- Oversee strategic communications calendars and associated documents
- Responsible for ensuring the consistency of the company brand in all visual and written internal communications
- Utilize and develop a broad array of vehicles to effectively communicate to key stakeholders
- Research and identify progressive ways to increase public engagement driving the awareness and involvement by stakeholders and the public
- Provide leadership and consultation to the communications team
- Perform other functions as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health, communications, journalism, or a related field - Master's preferred
- 10 + years of experience in developing and implementing complex communications materials and strategies
- Experience leading teams of communication specialists
- Extensive experience developing and executing public health communication activities in a consultant setting
- Previous experience with the CDC strongly preferred
- Must have branding experience
- Functional knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and related image editing platforms
- Experience with Adobe Campaign preferred
- PC- and/or Mac-based video and audio editing
- Proficient in MS Office with advanced PowerPoint skills
- Background investigation required
Atlanta Communications Job